1. Power Life
Power Life is my personal favorite place to go for group workout classes. They offer a mix of yoga, hot yoga, barre, sculpt, fitness, and even meditation classes. Also, I love it because the instructors are kind and inspirational where the classes make me feel like I am improving myself mentally and physically.
“At Power Life, we embrace beginners. We believe our studios and our community are something everyone should experience. We encourage you to take as many different class formats and teachers to see firsthand how Power Life can benefit your life.”
To continue, “our dynamic classes empower all levels of practitioners to find stress reduction, increased blood circulation, detoxification, and improved sleep. Check out our list of frequently asked questions below to prepare you for your first class. We look forward to seeing you at the studio!”- Power Life’s website
- Standard Monthly Auto-Renew- $99 /month
- Student Monthly Auto-Renew- $75 /month
- Family Add-On Monthly Auto-Renew- $70 /month
- One-Year Membership- $999 /year
- 4 Classes per Month- $56 /month
Address: 1717 Ingersoll Ave, Des Moines, IA 50309
2. Orange Theory
Although I have not been to an Orange Theory class but, from what I have heard it is a fun high-intensity group workout class. Orange Theory focuses on HIIT workouts that get your heart-rate up.
At Orange Theory there are three steps most classes consist of:
- Rowing: Every stroke on the rower activates 85% of your body’s muscles to help you improve endurance, strength and power.
- Cardio: Whether you walk, jog or run, you’ll go at your own pace based on your fitness level. We also have bikes and striders available as alternates to the treadmill.
- Strength Training: Our weight and floor exercises change daily so you can focus on different muscles. Your coach can provide options for any movement if you have injuries or limitations.
- Basic (four classes a month)- $59 /month
- Elite (eight a month)- $99 /month
- Premier (unlimited)- $159 /month.
- You can add additional classes to Basic and Elite for $14 and $12 respectively, and family members can join for a reduced rate.
Address: 375 S Jordan Creek Pkwy, West Des Moines, IA 50266
3. Life Time Athletic
Life Time Athletic is a typical gym that also offers workout classes for all ages. From their luxurious spaces and amenities to leading classes and programs, explore everything membership brings to you and your family.
They have studio, yoga, and indoor cycling classes that are lead by professional instructors. As a result, Life Time Athletic is a “Go with what you know or try something new. From new programs to the classes you love, Life Time’s instructors are passionate, the studios are beautiful, and the energy is beyond compare.” – Life Time Athletic’s website.
- Monthly- starting at $89 /month
- 26 and Under- starting at $79 /month
- Students- starting at $79 /month
Address: 11911 Hickman Rd, Urbandale, IA 50323
4. Anytime Fitness
Anytime Fitness is a 24-hour gym in downtown Des Moines that is known for being welcoming and an unintimidating environment for people to workout in.
Anytime Fitness said, “Let’s Make Healthy Happen at Anytime Fitness Downtown Des Moines! Our friendly, professional staff is trained to help you along your fitness journey, no matter how much support you need. Membership includes a free, no-pressure fitness consultation, global access to more than 4,800 gyms, and always open 24/7 convenience. All in a welcoming club and supportive member community. Let’s get started! Visit during staffed hours or call for an appointment today!”- Anytime Fitness website
- Varies on location but is typically $30 to $36 a month
- $44 for a single monthly membership and $39 for a 12-month membership.
Address: 300 W Martin Luther King Jr. Pkwy, Des Moines, IA 50309